Tuesday, June 26, 2012

In which I have been enjoying a couple new TV shows.

Well, one's new and one's a few years old.

A couple weeks ago I started watching Bunheads and this last weekend I dug up Ballykissangel. Two shows that almost couldn't be more different, but both quite a bit of fun to watch. The first would earn serious ridicule from a certain brother of mine and the second, well... it reminds me of Last of the Summer Wine, and therefore makes me feel like an old geezer. But, I don't care.

Not sure what it is about Bunheads, but something about the strange personality (which any sane person would expect me to go mad at watching) of Sutton Foster's character is kind of endearing to watch... just a pretty funny show in all. The whimsical capers of the ballet girls are also a highlight. Oh, and the character Fanny is almost insufferable... yet, I keep coming back for more.

Ballykissangel is set in a small, quaint Irish town and reminds me of several of the older BBC shows. Nicely homelike and slowish.... I don't really know how to describe it. [huge, sick cliche] It's just a warm show. [huge, sick cliche] With its own sort of intrigue and adventure. I think I'm partial to the whole story-of-a-young-humble-priest sort of deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment