Monday, July 9, 2012

A Little Bit of History

Ever heard of the jerry can? If not, you have been missing out. I was.

So, think about the gas cans that we have today. Thanks to the CARB law, you can go out and buy all sorts of useless, plastic, ventless things. Ironically, with my little experience (Thank God it has not been more. I mean that very sincerely.), I have observed that these "safe" cans are in fact more hazardous and environmentally malicious than the more robust vented ones they replaced. Just thinking of a couple of the old gas cans that my parents own, I weep for the good old days. And, those cans probably aren't as robust as the ones discussed in the article above. My own CARB gas can is now effectively employed as a cleaner dispenser... because that's all it's good for.

Since it leaks so well, I may as well keep it in STORE mode and leak a little out when I need it for cleaning purposes. It is very dependable that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment