Sunday, September 4, 2011

The IQ of LeTu just bumped up a few notches.

I have renewed hope for the state of LeTourneau students. I can even say there is a bastion of cynicism on campus, above and beyond myself, that is.

Sunday, I got a chance to read a well-written paper by an honors student from cohort '10. This little essay was questioning the legitimacy of some Peterson material in a Biblical Literature class.

Thursday, I had a wonderful time at supper with a number of the Davis 1 community, the new Honors cohort this year.

Friday, I observed some of the trappings and floor life of this new Honors floor on Davis 1. I was fairly impressed by what I saw, and a little bit jealous.

This last Sunday (yesterday, technically speaking), I had one of the most stimulating conversations with fellow LeTourneau students that I have ever partaken of. You don't just have that kind of a conversation... you partake of it. And, thus I discovered another one among a handful of cynics on campus.

3 comments:

  1. Derek, I didn't know you were such a cynic wanna-be! However that's very cool that you are finding people to socialize with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Almost burst out laughing

    Of course I have people to socialize with... what do you take me for, a complete shut-in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No no, of course not! I meant... like-minded people to socialize with, sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete