Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Checklist

Today, I...

1. Survived my second day in Engineering Project Management class. My team turned in our project roles, and I am now the Project Manager.

2. Sat through a seminar given by a visiting Ph.D. who was being considered for the LeTourneau Chemistry/Physics department. I discovered that I knew nothing of multiscale coupling and nanometer physics before the seminar, and now I understand possibly two vague ideas about the subject.

3. Survived frisbee golf out in almost 100 degree weather for over an hour.

4. Tripped a breaker in my apartment when I was performing an electrical experiment... *ahem* I mean testing something out.

And, I feel like I have done almost nothing all day. Honestly, this is the slowest start to a semester I have ever had.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds fabulous! Slow is ok sometimes.

    They made you project manager, Derek? Or that's just what you got? You'll have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow is nice, until it ends, yes. And, it has already.

    Yeah, I requested that role and they didn't object to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! You, a project manager? Ah, I weep for your team...

    At least I made an awesome team manager for my project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For your information, we are actually doing pretty good. We made a 93% on our initial proposal when the class as a whole was doing decent in the professor's eyes. Oh, and this is a Dr. Gonzalez class, so doing good is actually really doing good!

    ReplyDelete